Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Back! And still having problems posting... :)














I didn't have the internet in my home for six months. But it helped me to get past my internet addiction...kind of. I'm back with a semi-new perspective, due to my new Christian status, and am eager to share my opinions and experiences.



I am new to blogging so bare with me. I am also very excited about 2010, and the new adventures and experiences that it brings. I still want to fill dark-skinned Black women with pride and remind them that they are beautiful. This is the point of this blog.

Of course, I expect to get off course when something outrages me and I just have to write about it. Oh and I saw The Princess and the Frog and I was not pleased! The thing that I think bothered me most was that many Black people were unfazed like "at least they gave us something." I hate to be nerdy but, that is stinkin thinkin. I want the best and I want equal treatment and I will not accept the scraps that are given to me with a happy face. Disney is making millions off of this film... I will save the rest for a post. The point is that I'm back and ready to share and have people share with me.

2 comments:

  1. hey i'm Christian too and I also wasn't satisfied with the princess and the frog. I agree with you, why do we have to settle for scraps? I am trying to get away from the bitter atmosphere in some bw blogosphere because I believe bitterness eats away at you, but at the same time I am concerned about uplifting darker sisters too. You seem level-headed, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I know what you mean. I try my best to not sound bitter, mainly because I am not. LOL! I learned a long time ago that you create the life you live. So while we live in a country that provides certain privileges to certain people, if you work hard and play smart you can have whatever it is you want.

    I read all kinds of blogs, and while I agree that there are things that brothers need to do better, many things! I still have dated and known good Black men. But I will not limited myself in the dating field.

    Dating is a numbers game and I want to play the field. I limited myself only to internal qualities. If they aren't honorable, God fearing men, I don't date them.

    I could go on and on, but I won't. I am a Christian! YAY! It is not always easy, but it is so fulfilling. I hope you enjoy my blog. I am always interested in your input.

    Eternal Spirit

    ReplyDelete