Friday, March 27, 2009

How to Catch Your Man?


First, it has been a while since I have seriously posted anything here. No, I am not lazy :)...I have been very busy. I am getting ready to direct a short film and all of my attention has been there. So, I apologize for my absence. But in the time that I have been gone several things have happened involving men. Two weeks ago I was asked out by four different men! This is exciting, or I shall say WAS exciting, because since then these men have become very uninteresting.


While this is happening a friend of mine had become interested in a man at her job and I had become interested in a man that I met while running errands. Neither man had asked either one of us out. But both had initiated some sort of contact of interest.


But when it comes down to getting to know these men better, my friend and I have different perspectives on how to catch a man. I believe in ignoring a man. By this I mean letting them initiate all or most of the contact. Then you can flirt and charm them with your feminine wiles. But only once they have started some sort of conversation. This is what has worked for me. Of course, there are rules to this kind of thinking.


First, you HAVE to look YOUR BEST. I don't mean what you think is good. I mean looking your, honest with yourself, no excuses, a man would agree with you, best. I don't mean looking trashy. By doing this you will attract a man, but for all of the wrong reasons, and I am sure most of you know this. My friend, however, believes in actively flirting with a man. She believes in finding reasons to go and talk to him. She also finds topics to bring to his attention, smiling, and laughing at his jokes. I don't mind the smiling and laughing, but to me the rest is just too much work! Shouldn't a man be trying to figure out reasons to come and talk to you?


Sometimes I feel like there are not many men out there who are willing to put in the work that is necessary to woo a woman. However, I still expect to be treated like a lady. So many of our men want us, but don't feel like they should have to put in the work to get us. Do not let this detour you! Look your best, non-verbally demand respect, and I believe decent men from all backgrounds will come to treat you with love and respect.
Most women give themselves excuses about why they do not look their best. Lack of money is no excuse. The lack of money reason simply means lack of creativity. Hit up thrift stores; learn to do your own hair, trade clothes with friends.
Once you are honest with yourself, by this I mean looking at yourself objectively, as if someone else was looking at you, then you can move forward and begin to actively look your best. After that, ignore the men. Not in an angry way, but in a happy, busy, fulfilled way.


To be honest I have a hard time looking happy because I am usually to busy ignoring, but practice will make perfect for me. Be happy! And I think the men will come to you. But what do you think? Should a woman actively flirt with a man, whom I take as actively pursing, or should she kick back and let him come to her? I tried the actively flirting thing recently, and FOR ME, it did not work. I am going back to my old ways. They have worked for me in the past. I will be updating this story with my friend and I. Let's see if we can catch our men.

2 comments:

  1. I can't flirt to save my life so i don't even try! I'll smile and make good conversation but that's about it. I really do all of the above, but my problem is ignoring but looking happy about it. and i really don't look at my surroundings to see if there is a man somewhere,lol. So yeah dressing isn't a problem for me, but giving an open invitation is.

    Have been watching the new show on vh1 called Tough Love. It's really good,you can watch the first 3 shows online and he gives some good pointers to the women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw maybe one episode and it seemed interesting. At first I wasn't so sure. Just keep working at the open invitation thing. At first I think you end up feeling kind of foolish, but try different things until the men begin coming...

    ReplyDelete