Friday, May 22, 2009

Loving Yourself Unconditionally





Lately I've been thinking about the way I treat myself... a lot.

I expect myself to be perfect. I put so much pressure on myself by stacking up impossible goals to be completed in a ridiculous amount of time. So, I fail. Then I feel horrible about myself. This will be an ongoing post, because there is so much to say about this area.

I've been thinking about my health and how my standards affect my life...


How to Give Unconditional Self-Love

1. Understand that you were given direct control over your own thoughts, emotions, and actions. Therefore, you are the only one responsible for your own thoughts, emotions, and actions. No one else is responsible for you and you are not responsible for anyone else.

2. Start treating yourself well right now.

Loving yourself unconditionally means:

* Making your health and happiness a top priority. This means, getting the proper amount of rest. Eating properly: not over exercising and under-eating. Not overeating and under-exercising.

* Loving yourself means taking care of each part of yourself. Including the parts that you don't necessarily care for. Stretch marks, cellulite, and all.

* You have to love the dysfunctional part of yourself by having a better understanding of your limits and failings.

* It means managing your time and resources well. Your resources should reflect the relative importance of each part of yourself or each life area.

* You should create balance in your time and your life so that you can take good care of your body and main interest and needs.

* Spend time and money on activities wisely. Ask...
- How much happiness will I and others get per dollar or per hour spent?
Again this is to be an ongoing post. I plan to write more about self-worth later.

No comments:

Post a Comment